We’ve made changes to our usual practices at Participation House, Markham to align with the provincial response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to monitor and enact best practices as they are shared by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
We recognize that any illness can be especially challenging for our vulnerable residents and clients. To keep our residents, clients, staff and families safe, we have implemented the following measures:
- Cancellation of all community outings and non-essential medical appointments for residents/clients
- In addition to the regular March Break closure of our Adult Education Day Program (AEDP), the program will remain closed until April 6, 2020, per the direction of the York Region District School Board (YRDSB)
- All Fee For Services Programs have been cancelled until further notice
- Only essential visitors are permitted access to PH sites
- Active screening for essential visitors is in full effect: all visitors will be screened for infectious symptoms and/or recent international travel
- All PH staff will be routinely screened for infectious symptoms and/or recent international travel prior to every shift
Please note that any visitors who do not pass our screening will be turned away. We will work with individuals to make alternate arrangements and provide support for resident contact over telephone, wherever possible. This policy will remain in effect until further notice.
We will continue to update you on the situation and communicate any changes in protocol. Thank you for your help in keeping our residents and clients healthy. If you have any questions about our policies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please don’t hesitate to contact us.